Welcome to Summit. We offer academic, career and general counselling support for students of all ages who are experiencing school or life stress. I also can assist with referrals to community agencies for mental health support. My goal is to help in ways that are meaningful to you - and never to judge.
I have attached some links that you may find helpful. Some are for adults/parents and some are for youth.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or concerns.
Dan Thiessen, Counsellor 😊
phone: 604-820-3333 ext. 4121
* Anxiety BC - a resource for parents and youth explaining what Anxiety is and strategies to cope when you are experiencing it.
* Foundry BC - a resource for parents and youth offering tools and support for people experiencing mental health challenges.
* Youth Chat - an online chat service with a crisis responder
* Youth Space - an online chat and text service with caring volunteers. All volunteers are trained in emotional support, crisis response, and ASIST Suicide First Aid.
* Kids Help Line - 24/7 phone service for chuildren and youth offering support for a variety of challenges youth face - bullying, social anxiety, suicidal thoughts, family difficulties etc.
* The F.O.R.C.E. - a parent support program helping parents navigate the medical and/or mental health "system" and offering support along the way.