Learn any time, any place, anywhere!
Summit Learning Centre (SLC) is a K-12 Distributed Learning School and is a public school, part of the Mission School District. We offer programs for full time home learners, part time students wishing to be cross-enrolled for one or more courses, adult learners on a path towards graduation, or adult students wishing to upgrade a course.
At Summit we strive to provide the utmost in flexibility in the delivery of a self-paced and personalized learning model for students wishing to learn at home, or in an alternate delivery model. Our goal is to meet the unique needs of all or our learners while providing a caring and supportive learning environment, implementing the BC school curriculum on a path towards graduation.
Our teachers work closely with students and families to develop a personalized Student Learning Plan to meet the unique needs of each learner. Supporting materials and resources are provided to align with the personalized Student Learning Plan and the curriculum. Ongoing teacher support assessment, evaluation and feedback are provided to guide and direct the educational program throughout the school year. In addition we provide weekly face to face experiences for students to interact with each other, staff and our school community as a whole, for the purposes of providing social interaction experiences, in addition to providing additional support in meeting curricular demands.
- Support and expertise of BC certified teaching staff
- Full time educational programs in K-12
- Part time programs for students and adults
- Cross-enrolled courses needing one or more courses
- Free courses for adults wishing to upgrade coursework
- Adult diploma programs
- Extensive courses based on BC curriculum in K-12
- Personalized Student Learning Plans
- Resources to support the educational program
- Personalized face to face support on site at Summit, as well as virtually
- Weekly onsite tutorial sessions for students in Grades 8-12