Enrolment (Distributed Learning)
Enrolling a child into a Distributed Learning (DL) home education program is different than registering a child for Homeschooling in British Columbia. Most Summit Learning Centre students enrol in DL programs.
Distributed Learning programs are directed and supervised by a British Columbia certified teacher (with involvement from parents and guardians), meet provincial standards, require ongoing assessment of students, and lead to a Dogwood diploma.
For a side-by-side comparison of Distributed Learning and Homeschooling, click DL vs Homeschooling
The Enrolment Process
In order to initiate enrolment at Summit Learning Centre, the following documents need to be completed, signed and returned to our office:
- Enrolment Form
- Letter of Commitment
- Roles & Responsibilities Form
- Resource Agreement for Enrolled Families
- Photograph, video and Media consent form
- Academic Integrity (Grades 8-12)
- Internet Access Agreement
- Office 365 forms
- Proof of Age (one of the following):
- Birth Certificate
- Driver's Licence (19 and older ONLY)
- Permanent Resident Card
- Aboriginal Status Card (front and back)
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Immigration Canada Document
- Proof of Residency in BC (one of the following):
- Parent's Care Card (or student's if 19 and older)
- Parent's BC Services Card (photo version only) (or student's if 19 and older)
- Parent's Driver's Licence (or student's if 19 and older)
- Municipal Tax Bill
- Rental Agreement
- Utility Bill
Please note that separate enrolment forms must be completed for each student.
Please contact us if you have any further questions!